In line with MSC Cruises policies and procedures and under the supervision of the Bar Manager, the Assistant Bar Manager leads a multicultural team and overseen the shipboard beverage operations for all bars/lounges, outlets and crew bar areas in order to achieve the best level of guest satisfaction and revenue.
• Assists the Bar Manager, ensuring compliance with quality and sanitation standards and procedures in all Bars, lounges and Crew bars;
• Supervises the daily beverage operations in all Guest and Crew Bars as assigned by the Bar Manager;
• Assists the Bar Manager to generate maximum sales and profits by creative work procedures;
• Controls the daily work of Bar service crew in the assigned bar;
• Ensures all bars are fully stocked to par level at all times;
• Ensures Guests are not kept waiting unreasonably for service in any bar or associated area;
• Supports the Bar Manager in his cost control responsibility through close monitoring of the inventory;
• Supervises daily self-inspection checks to ensure all bars, bar pantries, machinery and storerooms meet all Company sanitation and safety requirements;
JOB REQUIREMENTS (skills, competencies, experience)
• Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language isconsidered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
• At least 2 years of shipboard experience as Asst. Bar Manager;
• Education within hotel/catering industry or equivalent experience in 4/5 star restaurant, hotel or resort;
• Computer literacy, knowledge of Fidelio, Micros and MMS is an advantage;
• Good management and organisation skills;
• Passion about hospitality and customer service driven;
• Revenue orientated;
• Sound knowledge of accounting and cost control procedures
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!